Monday, November 18, 2013

SCD Yogurt Tip

If you are like me, you need to do this diet so you can live a somewhat normal life. Yogurt is an essential part of the diet. But the first few times I made the yogurt with regular cow's whole milk I usually ended up with an upset stomach and other issues. So I would go off of it for a time, and the next time I tried the yogurt I made it with goat's milk and a goat's milk yogurt starter. The goat's milk was too... not sure if acidic is the right word. But it seemed acidic to me and hurt my throat. Plus it was pretty expensive comparatively to make. Out of cheapness and curiosity, I thought what if I try Organic Cows Milk?

So I used Stoneyfield Farms Whole Organic Milk and the plain Dannon yogurt as a starter and viola! I now can stomach it no issues! So maybe just switching to organic milk could help others as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment